Sunday, March 01, 2009

Metrosexualo


A metrosexual: is a modern, usually single man who's cool, smart, attractive, taking care of his appearance, cultured and up to date with the latest styles, that confuses some guys when it comes to his sexuality. But he's so secure in his masculinity that he doesn't care.


I think that's the best description of 'metrosexual' I've ever come across. I'm very familiar with 'modern', 'taking care of his appearance' and 'confuses some guys when it comes to his sexuality' but to include 'he's so secure in his masculinity that he doesn't care' really takes the word 'metrosexual' to a higher level.

But then again, people would label metrosexuals as gay men as most people have the perception that 'only gay men take good care of their appearance and are up to date with the latest fashion'. What the guys forget is that no matter how they go around telling people that metrosexuals are gay men, they secretly envy the way metrosexuals present themselves with flawless skin and dressing up in the best styles; as for the girls, they think that metrosexuals are gay men but still, they want their boyfriends to take fashion tips from metrosexuals, and they even buy GQ, details and Men's Health magazines for their boyfriends so they could dress up like gay men metrosexuals.

As for me, I really don't care if people say that I'm a metrosexual today and a gay man tomorrow. All I know is that the guys come to me for fashion tips(though I'm not as updated now as I used to before. I blame med school for leeching all the time away!) and the girls love to have me around when they shop because they know that I'm one of the very few people around who's able to fix a wardrobe malfunction.

Metrosexual or gay? It really doesn't matter that much.

No comments: