Saturday, March 14, 2009

Encephalopathy - II

Who knew, there's actually a sequel to the previous post!

My greatest apologies for leaving my previous post hanging because I was too tired to continue writing that night(early morning?).

Let's continue from where I've left off, shall we?

I'd say that friendship and family ties are the things I treasure most, though my mom always says that I spend more time with my friends and that I actually treat my friends better than I treat my family. I say it's pure jealousy. =p

But what's life without love? My friends love me, my family loves me, I know. But being a greedy person, I wish to be loved by more than just these people. You know, to be loved by that special someone. That very person who shares more that just common interests. That very person who loves you unconditionally, who holds your hands when you both are out, who kisses you goodbye when you go to work/class, who goes through thick and thin of life with you. That very person whom you can go to bed cuddling and wake up next to in the morning.

That perfect other half who completes you.

It's been several lonely nights. In Malaysia, even though I have the whole room to myself at night, I don't feel lonely at all because I have my family's and my friends' companies in the day, and there are just too many activities going on that I don't even have the time to feel lonely. For the past two-and-a-half years here in Moscow, life had been great too because I was lucky to have great roommates.

If only the third year could be as great.

Few days ago, my roommate moved out of our current residence into another, leaving me and my other two blockmates behind. The first night, I felt kinda relieved some way because this is the first time in three years where I get to have the whole room to myself. I could do anything I want, I can sleep anytime I want without having to worry that the lights would wake my roommate up, and having my sleep uninterrupted. But now, these things don't seem to matter that much anymore. Nothing beats a lonely man sitting in his room facing four walls with no one to talk to.

And at times like this, the non-existence of 'the other half' only makes things worse.

Hah.

Anyway, enough of sad, depressing talks. Let's move on to the more cheerful part of me.

Guess what? I almost spend RM500 on shopping today. Luckily, I only spent RM300 in the end. I think it's the fact that I've only withdrawn the money from the ATM just yesterday(!) and the fear that if I spend too much money my dad's not gonna put anymore money into my bank account till summer that stopped me from splurging.

But RM180 for a pair of boots and a winter jacket! I'm such a loser for not buying but I'd rather be a loser than starve and die. Lol. But if I charge it on the piece of plastic, I'll have both the items AND cash, no?

Darn, if only my mind was clearer then!

Before I end my post, I would like to share parts of conversations which I had with several friends on different occasions which happen to be about the same topic.

Friend#1: Why ah you always buy GQ? What do they have in there?
Me: Er, cos it's like the ONLY men's fashion magazine in Russia?
Friend#1: HUH? Got men's fashion magazines one meh?!

Friend#2: Eh, you're buying GQ again! I've never seen this magazine before, what's it about?
Me: Um, about men's fashion?
Friend#2: Lemme see, lemme see. Wah, so many good looking guys in here! Some of them very hot too! But why ah guys buy such magazines?
Me: Huh? Cos it's about men's fashion?
Friend#2: I don't get it. Why men's magazines only got mens' pics? I thought usually lots of girls' pics?
Me: HUH? This is a fashion magazine, not Playboy.
Friend#3: Hey #2, you didn't know our friend here is gay? That's why he's reading this lah.
Me: WTF. One does not need to be gay to read GQ! Does that mean details is for gay men too?? And I'm not gay!
Friends#2,3: details? Apa tu(What's that)?

Friend#4: Wah, you buy GQ again! I always ask you to lend me to read but you never did! What's it about anyway?
Me: It's men's fashion magazine la. You know, there's Vogue and L'Officiel and Harper's Bazaar for the ladies, right? GQ is the same, just that they're for men.
Friend#4: Oh, but why keep buying lah?
Me: You don't buy Vogue and all??
Friend#4: In Malaysia I buy la. In Russia, for what?
Me: Just because you're in Russia doesn't mean you don't read magazines!
Friend#4: But it's not like we could understand everything they write!
Me: You don't read a fashion magazine, you look!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Exactly. Who reads fashion mags? :P

That said I usually don't buy fashion mags, I just tend to derive whatever I can off the internet to help with my dress sense. But my dress sense says 180 for boot and a winter jacket is a wicked buy! Approved! :)

Cris said...

i know! but still, daddy has the say, not me. =(

JD Cole said...

so sorry u hv such bimbo frens when it comes to fashion mags!!