Sunday, March 08, 2009

iStrip

OK, that sounds wrong but that's what I saw on the net!

On Apple's App Store, to be precise.

Just few days back, I was browsing the iTunes Store in hope of getting a Russian-English dictionary so that I don't have to drag my very thick dictionary everywhere I go. Especially not in the cold winters!

Being a cheapskate person, the first section I browsed was the 'Top Free Apps'. I've always known that no one in this world is kind enough to spend so much effort on a mobile dictionary and putting it up on the net to be downloaded for free, but deep down I've also been hoping that there are such kind persons on earth. Maybe not putting it up for free but probably make it work in a way such that the dictionary can only be accessed when it's connected to the net? That way people get to choose to either pay a price to use the dictionary offline or use the free version by connecting to the net.

Anyway, back to iStrip. I cannot believe my eyes when this App is actually in the top ten of the free Apps category! I don't know about you but I don't see how anyone can be 'entertained' by a 3D figure stripping in an iPhone or iPod. Not to mention the stains when things become messy. I'd never trade my precious iPod for temporary pleasure.

Heck, that's not even pleasure to begin with!

After several futile attempts to get a freeware, I gave up and went searching for the dictionary in the paid Apps category. And many different types of dictionaries did I find. Everything's about business huh?

So, if you guys have the free time, just go to the iTunes Store and you'll be fascinated by the amount of useless Apps they have there. And while you're at it, check out iGirl-At Your Command and iFart too.

1 comment:

JD Cole said...

iStrip?

LOL~

anyway, i'm never interested to use products from Apple....i wonder why?