Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Bro, The BF and The Irresistible AX - Part I

I know the title sounded weird, but it's always like this when you first see it. Things will become better as the story unfolds.

So yeah, The Bro. No one in the virtual world knows about this but I don't exactly share a very good relationship with my elder brother. Everyone thought that we are 'the bestest brothers' but the truth is, we don't share much in common. My bro may be gay and I may be bisexual, but the types of men we like are different. My brother goes for Asians whereas I go for Caucasian. My brother likes 'the boys next door' whereas I prefer the hunky ones. I prefer those with facial and some body hair but my bro thinks that the smooth ones are better. Our type may be different(which is good in a way such that we probably won't fall for the same guy) but that's not the main reason why we aren't close to one another.

Hey Bro, what is it you like that I don't have?

The main reason why we aren't that close as we seem to be is the difference in our degree of maturity. No offence but though being the elder one, my brother seem to lack the maturity he should have at his age. When I was younger, I may enjoy his company, his jokes and the other things that he say, but being an adult now(I'm turning 21 this October), I no longer find his jokes funny, no longer have interest in the things he say and the way he acts. Well, he didn't change, but I did.

The gap between us is becoming wider and wider, and really, I don't think it's my fault. As people age, they (supposedly) become more mature. Well, I think I am maturing, but my bro just seems to enjoy being where he is. All he thinks about is buying this and that when he gets his salary, playing online games when he gets home, and many other things only a 15-year-old would do.

And I'm not the only one thinking that he has a problem. Even my family and close relatives think so. Whenever anyone tries to advise him to 'grow-up', he would just shut them away, saying that no one understood him. At times, he would even quarrel with my parents in public and then put up a face as though the whole world had mistreated him. And he daresay that he's a freakin' 24-year-old?!?!

Then he would also compare how our parents love me more than love him. Well, all I could say is it's obvious. First, I'm now studying in Moscow, it's natural for my parents to 'love me more' as they don't see me very often. Even my bro himself treats me better now than the times when I'm still studying in Malaysia! But he just didn't realize. Second, with my bro having such an attitude, I really cannot blame my parents to sometimes love him less. Mom and Dad may be our parents but they're human too. There's no such thing as 'loving a person unconditionally'. Tell me would you still love your wife unconditionally if she badmouthed your mother in public. That is if your mother is not someone you hate.

Everyone loves the angel!

So really, unless my brother grows up, loving him as a brother and as a son will not be an easy task. I'm sure no parent or sibling can put up with such attitude of another family member who's an adult without mental issues but acts like a kid. It sounds like a normal family drama, but it wouldn't be such a drama if my bro actually listens to people's advises and actually takes their advises into consideration.

This entry is random, I know, but I just need to rant. I'm tired of my bro having the attitude and knowledge of an elimentary school kid. He throws a tantrum whenever he doesn't get what he wants, he doesn't read newspapers(hence the lack of general knowledge), and most of all, behaves like a Cheena man('Cheena' is a word I use to describe a 21st Century Malaysian Chinese who still speaks and acts like a typical Chinaman, i.e.: speaks improper English, watches Chinese dramas only and is overly obsessed over Taiwanese pop singers). But what caused the lil' aneurysm in my brain today is that my brother doesn't even know the currency of United Kingdom!

"UK uses Pound Sterling de meh?"

That's it for now. Enough ranting over my brother. Poor him doesn't even know that his lil' brother is badmouthing him on his blog now.

End of "The Bro, The BF and The Irresistible AX - Part I". Stay tuned for Part II.

No comments: