Friday, July 11, 2008

No Fucking Way!!!

I've always wanted an iPod Touch. A 32GB iPod Touch. RM1800.

Then, this "Twice as fast. Half the price" thingy came along, which got me thinking. An iPod Touch which cannot make phone calls or an iPhone which has ALL the functions an iPod Touch has plus HALF the price?

I finally let my iPod Touch go and aim for an iPhone. It's a pity to be an Asian at times like this when you'll only get the "latest" gadgets available from Apple after everyone else in the world has got their hands on them and actually become bored of the gadgets.

iPhone 3G, twice as fast, half the price. Well, it's kinda right to some point. I mean, the price really is half of that of iPhone 2G, but it's only applicable in the U.S.. $199 for a 8GB iPhone! It's equivalent to RM660+ in Malaysia! It's too cheap for a 3G phone from Apple! But still this is real! It's all over Apple's official website!

But then again, I fail to realise that things are often unfair. The new iPhone will be released today, in the U.S., but Asian countries like China, Japan, Singapore and Malaysia? No news of when they'll be available in these countries, especially Malaysia as there's currently no official service provider for the iPhone.

When I was browsing the web just a moment ago, I thought of this.

"Why not I try to google 'iPhone Singapore launch date' to see if by any luck there are articles about when the new iPhone will be released in Singapore(since it's the nearest place I could go to get my own iPhone)."

So google I did, and I found this.

WTF! September 2008?!?!? But I'm leaving on August! There's no way I could change my flight date as I've already paid the fare in full amount and if I were to change the date I'll be charged RM100! Plus it only says 'September'. It could be 1st September, but it also could be 30th September.

My semester begins on the 1st. Boo.

Besides, Singapore's selling the iPhone for Singapore $690(USD $490+). 490 US Dollars! It's nowhere near "HALF THE PRICE". Even the 16GB model is only $299 in the US ok, and here Singapore's selling the 8GB model for $490!

I bet Singapore's tagline for the new iPhone is "The new iPhone 3G. Twice as fast. Equal the price. Or slightly more."

Fuck iPhone.
Update: Malaysia finally has its own Apple site. Visit our local Apple website here! Don't expect too much for now as it's very new, but hey, at least we finally have a site of our own!

No comments: