Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Womanizer

I've returned to Malaysia for more than three weeks now and finally, about two days ago, I got to watch Britney's "Womanizer" music video on MTV Asia.

As usual, Malaysia, being an Islamic country, has censored most(if not all) parts of the music video where Britney bared it all, all oiled up and snaked around the bench in the sauna. That was within my prediction. What wasn't within my prediction was that they did not censor a single part of Mr Womanizer a.k.a. Brandon Stoughton "nekkid" and washing himself. You know, the later part of the movie where Britney sings to the tune "womanizer...oh womanizer..." and Mr Stoughton in the shower washing his pecs.

Not that I'm complaining(I'm as thrilled looking Mr Womanizer nekkid as looking Ms Spears all nekkid and oiled up), though. What I didn't saw coming was that the Malaysian censorship department actually allowed Mr Stoughton to wash(caress?) his pecs, slow-mo style, on Malaysian TV! That's like, super hot!

But then again, if you allow such content to be aired, why don't you allow Ms Spears to flaunt her goods on air? I mean, if Mr Stoughton can show his pecs and washboard abs on air, why not Ms Spears? If you wanna define private parts, boobs aren't exactly 'private'. If that is so, I think we should start banning Men's Health, GQ and Details magazines.

But this is Malaysia, anything unexpected can and will happen! Now they say girls can't flaunt boobies on TV or in public as it'll stimulate men to commit crimes such as rape, though I strongly believe that has no direct relationship with rape. If that is so, I suggest men to button-up their shirts. Who knows, today you flaunt some rock-hard pecs and abs in public, tomorrow you'll be on the front page of the local newspapers. Reason? Got raped and murdered by some hot-blooded, sex-lusting female(or male) who can't resist her/himself from sucking on those juicy nipples and rock-hard abs the temptation.

That being said, it really is a matter of time before the Malaysian government ban any content which contains topless males showing off their goods which they spent half their lives trying to build to please their fans. Best of all, just ban all western materials from airing and make rules for the locals.

"Whoever caught with anything less than a full buttoned-up shirt and a buckled up pants will be fined a maximum of RM10,000 and(or) not more than 2 years of jail." Cool innit. That's a very mild punishment compared to the fine and jail time for not having your seat belts buckled up.

It'll take me years to point out the flaws of the government but I'd choose not to, as I have much better things to do than getting involved in the game called politics which many adults can't stop playing. And by saying that I don't mean that I don't care about the Malaysian politics. I am Malaysian enough to care about my country, but also smart enough to use my energy on other stuffs than to join demonstrations or shout out to the government about the flaws that needs corrected. It's not like we'll ever be heard anyway.

At times like this, you thank Britney for her great songs. They really take you out of the bad situations you're in.

"Boy don't try to front I (I) know just (just) what you are (are are),
Womanizer, Woman....Womanizer, You're A Womanizer, Oh,
Womanizer, Oh, You're A Womanizer, Baby"

No comments: