Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gay-O-Meter

Was blog hopping and I came across this blog whose owner took a test on how gay he is and scored a perfect 100%. But he wasn't quite happy with his score because he thought that he was less gay than he thought.

I was curious and wanted to know more about this Gay-O-Meter, so I clicked on the link he provided and took the test myself. Scored 40% and the remark was "you're open minded between the sheets but rarely show your gay side when out on the streets". I for one thought that the test was quite accurate, though I also agree with the blogger that people shouldn't determine how gay a person is from conducting questionnaires.

There was this question from the questionnaire which I found quite offensive:

Q: When you were young did you prefer to be a:
Option A: A cowboy
Option B: An indian

Like, what the hell is your problem?! What's wrong with choosing to be an Indian(though I picked the first option) over a cowboy? Now I ain't no hypocrite because the question didn't require me to choose between American or Indian, I chose to be a cowboy because cowboys are cool(regardless of the race). But I think it's just inappropriate to make fun of other races, especially websites which have many visitors each day!

What if I were to create a questionnaire someday and one of the questions looked like this:

Q: Who'd be the most honourable leader of the 21st Century?
Option A: George W. Bush
Option B: Osama bin Laden

or

Q: If you had the chance would you want to be:
Option A: A rich American but dealing with serious weight issues(and possible weight-related diseases)
Option B: A poor Indian but is a healthy man

I'm 167% sure that the Americans would all donate one cent per person to buy explosives and have them DHL-ed to my house and remotely trigger it through the Internet/satellite/whatsoever.

Or maybe I'll just gain popularity and support from the Asians and be on the covers of newspapers worldwide, then the Americans can't kill me because it would be very obvious that I was assassinated if I were to die a sudden death.

I think I need my sleep now. I am not making sense anymore. Can't blame it though as it's almost four in the morning and I'm still awake. And I have to attend a family brunch at 11AM! That means seven hours in total to sleep, wake up, take a dump, take shower and leave fifteen minutes before the appointed time.

Goodnight everyone. Do drop by to take a test though.

3 comments:

JD Cole said...

i think an indian as in the american native red indians and not the indians from india =)

Cris said...

hmm... maybe, but everyone's cool in their own, be it indians or cowboys, no? ;)

Reszurrecdito M. d'Saintner said...

I have taken this test before while I was in the UK. I think I will take it again soon, not now, because I have got to sleep now. It is 11:40pm now in Japan.