Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Art of Feng Shui

I'm finally back home to enjoy my summer break. It's been 9 months since I left home, and many things changed when I wasn't around. There're several new stuffs which I never knew existed at home but what really shocked me was the drastic change of the furniture settings of my house. The sofa set and the dining table found their new positions in the house, some paintings were moved, and the worse is that my brother and I switched rooms.

The reason behind this? You know it already.

Feng Shui. Seriously, is this the best explanation you can give? Mom, dad! What's with your minds?! Feng Shui master said that Quan Yin "wasn't here", you performed some rituals to "invite Quan Yin into the house", fine. Feng Shui master said that cooking should be done in our wet kitchen instead of our dry kitchen(which we did) because we're "burning money away", fine. But to switch rooms?! That's a bit too far.

I came home on the weekend thinking that I could finally sleep on my own bed, in my own room, but when I was told that my brother and I switched rooms because my brother's room "suits me more compared with my room", I almost fainted.

Well, I still get to sleep on my own bed, but I no longer get to sleep in my own room. Not that my brother's room is small or what(it's actually far bigger than my room, I pity my brother for having to switch rooms with me), it's just that we only moved into this house several years ago. I wanted the bigger room but my brother got it because my uncle who happen to "have some knowledge in Feng Shui" said that the bigger room suited my brother and the smaller one suited me. Now that I've accepted to stay in the smaller room for the next decade until I graduate and will be able to own a house, I suddenly got to stay in the bigger room. Now that I've got a bigger room, it seems that I don't have to move out so soon!

But still there are adjustments which has to be done.

My brother had a tailor-made built-in wardrode which I don't fancy, but I have no choice now but to use it until I have the money to take it down and build myself a new wardrobe. Now that my room has enough space, I'll have a tailor-made built-in 'L' shaped work station so that I could own a personal desktop and still have enough space to do paperwork(and leave some trash lying on the table). I'm also going to own either a plasma TV with surround-sound system or a huge bookcase to house my books. I think my parents will only give the green light to the latter option, as I'm still living under their roof and they wouldn't want their son to have everything in his room. Computer, internet, cable TV and cool sound system, who would want to leave their room besides eating?

I'm a lazy pig, I know. But then again, I won't be in Malaysia for long. I'll only be back here during my summer breaks for the next 4 years. Until I graduate, I won't/can't do anything to my room. Who knows? Probably I'll have new plans for my room in the future.

I think I'm adapting well to my new room, hope that my brother's doing just fine too. Things have never been fair to him all these years. I always get the bigger piece of cake, I always get things from my parents, I'm the parents' favourite child, and the list goes on. Despite all this, he still loves me, a lot. He always buys me food and brings me to go shopping. Even when I'm in Russia, he still buys stuffs for me whenever he sees something that he thinks I'll like.

I'm such a loser as a lil' brother. Really, I should stop being so self-centered.

No comments: