Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The New Temptation

As the title suggests, there is a new temptation in my life now. I don't even know whether it's a temptation or not but I do hope it is one because my life sucks big time now, thanks to the stress of the upcoming finals and boy issues.

Finals! It's finally here, and there's nowhere I could run to hide away from it. You study, and study, and study, and study, but it's never enough. You find that your brain is too tiny to accomodate all the information of a 800-page Biochemistry textbook, you find that you know nothing about Physiology, you find that 24 hours is not enough to be called a day, you find that the exam is riddiculous, you find that yourself is being riddiculous for choosing this profession over other professions.

Great. I truly regret insisting that I'll "come to Russia to study Medicine no matter what". Only people who can't think in their right minds would come to Russia to do Medicine as the course they offer is nowhere near satisfactory, plus Medicine isn't that great anyway.

To hell Medicine and all the people practising Medicine!

Enough about me complaining. Medicine is a great subject, no doubt about it. I wanted this, I saw it coming, and I'm gonna face it like a man! A bi man, I mean.

OK. So, new guy. I'm not exactly sure what's the situation like now but I do hope that I didn't get things wrong. There is this guy I got to know recently - well, I can't say I know him because I don't even know his name - and we've only talked twice, and this incident occured during our second conversation.

This new guy, let's call him X for now, is 2 years my junior and is an Indian. I don't know why but recent years, I have a liking for Malay and Indian guys but still, whites are always my first choice. I saw X in school today and here's what we talked:

X: Hey! What're you doing here?
Alex: Oh, just waiting for someone.
X: I see. Oh yeah, you guys have exam today right? How was it?
Alex: Yup. It was OK, MCQ is nothing compared with oral exam.

Then he went to do his stuffs while I continued waiting for my friend. After doing all his stuff, he was preparing to go home. Before he left, he said goodbye to me, wished me all the best for my exams and other good stuffs you would say to a person when he/she's going to sit for exams. I swear I was shocked to hear so much from a person I barely know. Maybe he's too friendly, but I think he's more than that. I mean I hope he's more than what I think he is. He's not the hunk everyone would fall for but he's definitely the cute boy nextdoor whom we cannot resist from liking.

Seriously, how many people you've met that would wish you "all the best for exams, blah blah blah" the SECOND time you guys had a conversation? I daresay that for most people, the number is 0. Maybe he's too friendly, maybe I'm thinking too much because I haven't get any chance to lay my eyes on Sam recently due to stupid exams but hopefully this is a new path unfolding itself for me. Everyone needs a backup plan, and he would be a great one if I can't lay my hands on Sam.

No comments: