Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Show Me The Money

Had lunch with my relatives today. Had a small chat with my cousin who's a doctor. He told me lots of things about Medicine and doctors. And from what I could see, he's not very happy with what he's doing now. Not that he didn't like becoming a doctor, it's just that a REAL doctor is not what we see in television or during hospital attachment.

I do believe that I have a strong passion for Medicine, but if it is true that this profession isn't what I initially believed in, then I don't see a point pursuing Medicine anymore. I never liked business, that's the reason I picked sciences. But now someone's telling me that Medicine is business. I mean, yeah, it it business, but not until the point that when your client isn't willing to pay a certain amount for a surgery, you pull a long face and show it right in front of your client. That's not what Medicine is about! At least to me, it's not like this.

I'm going on with my application for Medicine, but I don't think that I'll be very upset if I got rejected. Perhaps, Medicine is not what I've been looking for. Perhaps, this is not my call. Psychology, probably suits me better.

I don't know. I'm very confused and lost. And I'm dire need for help. Anyone, everyone, lend me a hand. Please.

2 comments:

savante said...

Apply for medicine if it's what you want to do. Not gonna dissaude you or persuade you to do the course since it's really a calling. Not an easy job and many doctors burn out after a few years.

But if you find something worth while doing, it can be wonderful. Welcome to the fraternity man :)

Paul

Cris said...

wow, the great dr paul is here! i'm a reader of your blog and i never knew you would be a visitor of my blog. =)

and btw, i'm going overseas soon. for medicine! hope to see you somewhere in a hospital next time!