Saturday, February 21, 2009

Skinneh Jeans


For Christ's sake, can someone tell me what's wrong with guys wearing skinny jeans?

I was at class yesterday and a female friend(FF) looked at me (with horror) and asked:

FF: Is that skinny jeans you're wearing?!?!?!?!?
Me: Urh....no. It's a pair of slim jeans, if you really need to know.
FF: Don't lie! I know it's a pair of skinny jeans!
Me: Um... It REALLY is a pair of slim jeans. Skinny jeans tend to hug on your legs more, whereas slim jeans are well, for slim people like me so that we don't look too disproportionate like we do when we wear straight-cut jeans. They DON'T hug our legs. Besides, my legs are too fat to fit into skinny jeans.
FF: *looking suspicious* ........really?? But I tell you, guys shouldn't wear these type of jeans lah! They make guys look gay. UNLESS, the guy is tall and has long, slender legs.
Me: *stares at her*
FF: But you're tall la actually. But still don't wear skinny jeans la OK? They look very awful and gay.
ME: ..............

It must be the air everyone's breathing here. Somehow, none of the Malaysian students here in Moscow have any sense in fashion at all. Even I who used to have some knowledge in fashion became very much inhibited now because of the people I mix around with for the past two-and-a-half years.

Me wearing a black, full-framed glasses. Gay.

Me having a ear piercing. Gay.

Me dressing up for occasions(eg: Christmas, CNY). Gay.

Me loving shopping. Gay.

Me having not just a facial wash but also a moisturizer and toner. Gay.

Me owning lots of clothes and footwear. Gay.

With all these negative comments on whatever I do/wear, it's amazing how I'm still surviving till this very day.

Oh, because I dress down so much now to please the crowd. That's why.

Seriously, if you dare to even tell me that skinny jeans are horrendous, I ask you to explain to me why did you dress up all green from top to bottom(even your bag is green) when it's not Christmas? Did someone tell you that you would photosynthesize if you do so?

Seriously.

4 comments:

Julian S said...

Could truly understand what you have gone through.

Cris said...

glad that someone understands but what are u doing so early in the morning, Julian!

JD Cole said...

hello!!

skinny jeans is the "it" thing in fashion!!

my condonlences to u for having to face this sorta situatuon :)

Namique Fatullayeff said...

I was looking suck kind of jeans for a long time, first in Istambul, then in London, and unfortunately without any result. At least I have found them in Moscow Zara. I was very happy. As I see the same hapiness have the guys when I wear them in my country... with very conservative views on fashion. In spite of everything I have ordered the classic suit as to my own drawing with very tight trousers. People around is happy and wet... )))