Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dancing Fire

Most crushes don't last long. Usually they only last for days or weeks. Sometimes they may last for months but only in very rare cases that they last for years. I'm glad mine lasted only for 2 months.

I once had multiple crushes at the same time and the period of the crushes lasted for almost a year. It is actually quite terrifying when I think of it now, but I'm glad that I'm now in a different institution from them. But still this isn't part of what I intend to blog about.

Anyway.

For those who has been reading my entries, you all should know that I had 4 crushes, which later reduced to 2, a Malay guy and an Indian guy.

When I initially started having crushes on them, I thought it would be very hard not to develop feelings for them, and even harder when I started being emo over things that they do. I once cursed the Malay guy for suspecting him having a boyfriend and later found out that he might have a girlfriend but still was sure that he's gay. I once got very upset because the Indian guy had chicken pox and almost cursed the person who infected him.

But, a month of holiday was worth it. Turns out I'm starting to have less interest on them now. Saw the Malay guy in a supermarket few days ago. He had a hair-cut and look very, VERY cute, but had only managed to make my brain go haywire for less than 5 minutes. Before this, seeing him for 10 seconds a day was enough to get me 'high' for few days. I guess it's a good sign. As for the Indian guy, I saw him at the corridoors on the floor I'm staying at(we stay in different floors, in case any of you has forgotten) talking with our batchmate. Attractive as usual, but I walked away just like that. Well, I did turn around and walked past the same place several times but later when he suddenly disappeared, I didn't feel nervous or anxious at all. In fact, I just acted as if nothing has happened and within minutes, I've already stopped thinking about him. Also a positive sign I hope.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that when the next semester begins, I'll be seeing them quite often again and that I might start having crushes on them again. I have very low immunity for cases like this, and I really don't hope that I'll have crushes on them again. This is a 6-year course and I don't wish that I'll be spending all of it having crushes on them, stop, and then having crushes on them all over again.

I'm tired of this. I don't want a forest fire which was put off few moments ago to come alive again and continue burning the forest until nothing's left.

I just don't want to.

No comments: